- Important, Welcome News about (and from) the Wellington Jewish CouncilAt a recent Wellington Jewish community meeting, participants made clear their dissatisfaction with the Jewish Council’s tone of voice, composition, accountability and their narrow definition of the Jewish community’s shared … Continue reading “Important, Welcome News about (and from) the Wellington Jewish Council”
- No Time for Fragility: we need to do to community differentlyThe fragility of Zionism is undermining us. Our membership institutions and representation are narrowing the NZ Jewish community, precisely when engagement and collective action are needed. It’s time for us … Continue reading “No Time for Fragility: we need to do to community differently”
- Te Kuaka / NZ Alternative podcast: it’s time to do Palestine policy differentlyImagine foreign policy led by our values, grounded in justice. Imagine policy that speaks to decolonisation – here and there. Listen to the podcast by Te Kuaka / New Zealand … Continue reading “Te Kuaka / NZ Alternative podcast: it’s time to do Palestine policy differently”
- It’s time we metWe formed Alternative Jewish Voices as a platform for the unrepresented breadth of our Aotearoa Jewish community. Our community is wider than the membership of Jewish synagogues and organisations. At … Continue reading “It’s time we met”
- When ‘bombs respond to rockets’ someone has buried the ledeA security guard refuses to allow a customer to enter a supermarket. A small group clings to the individualistic rights that the overwhelming majority have agreed to forego. A government … Continue reading “When ‘bombs respond to rockets’ someone has buried the lede”
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.